Diigo is a web service that allows you to collect and highlight and remember the information that you want to across the web. It runs on any modern browser, as well as the Android and iOS platforms. In this post we will show you how to easily add the Diigo diigolet to your iPad so that you may use the fun features of the Diigo toolbar.
Adding the Diigo diigolet to the iPad
- First be sure you’ve had a look at the install steps for Instapaper via the link above so that you are comfortable with the steps.
The remaining steps will be completed via the iPad only but keep it open on your computer browser so you can continue to follow the steps.
- Open this page in Safari on your iPad –> http://wp.me/p1iIjD-d2
- Now copy the code in this link (press and hold on the code and then release; then adjust the blue overlay so it coves the entire code, and tap “Copy.” diigo-diigolet-code
- Next, click on the share icon (square with a right arrow) at the top of your Safari page and click “Add Bookmark.” Ensure that it will be saving to the “Bookmarks Bar” and then hit “Save.”
- Now click on the bookmark icon (open book) to pull up your bookmarks. Click on the “Bookmarks Bar” folder. Then click “Edit” in the top corner of your window.
- Select the bookmark that you just created. Change the name to something of your choice–perhaps ‘Diigo’ or ‘Diigolet.’ Next delete the URL shown and paste the new code that you copied in step 2 (press and hold, then release, then tap “Paste.” Hit “Bookmarks Bar” located in the bottom top left corner to go back. Click “Done” located in the top right corner. Click the bookmark icon to make it disappear.
Those are all the steps! You’ve now installed the Diigo diigolet on your iPad.
Here is a video tutorial to guide you on installing the Diigo diigolet on your Pad:
How to use use the Diigo diigolet on the iPad
The Diigo diigolet has some nice features on the iPad. When it is first activated, it will ask you to login (use the same credentials as diigo.com). The Diigo toolbar will appear at the top of the page. Notice that there are several options available to you–Bookmark–Highlighter–Floating Sticking Note–Comment. The options are all simple to use.
The one that may confuse you is the Highlighter option. To use it, simply tap and hold and then bring the blue overlay over the area that you want highlighted–THEN tap the Highlight button.
Image source: Diigo
If you enjoyed this post, I encourage you to share it. Please even consider linking to it from your website or retweeting!