The Eye-Fi Pro X2 is a must-have product for anyone with a digital camera. It makes taking pictures more enjoyable because it will automatically upload your photos for you. No more searching endlessly for that USB cable just so you can connect your digital camera to your computer and download and finally upload to the web to share. The Eye-Fi takes the busy work out of the equation. Although Eye-Fi offers several versions of their wifi-enabled SD cards, it is recommended that you get the Eye-Fi Pro X2 as it has the most features which means more benefits for you! It effortlessly offers the following:
- photo sharing
- photo backups
- endless memory
Installation of the Eye-Fi Pro X2 software
The Eye-Fi Pro X2 requires you to set it up before it can be used. Here are the basic instructions:
- Plug-in the SD card w/ the card reader into your computer.
- Then navigate to the mounted SD card on your computer and go to the START HERE folder.
- Choose the appropriate folder for the operating system that you are using — Mac or Windows.
- Then run the installer.
- After install, the software will ask to update itself. I recommend you allow it to do this.
Setup of the Eye-Fi Pro X2
Now that the software is installed and running, its time to get the correct settings on the Eye-Fi.
- First, you’ll need to create an account with Eye-Fi or if you already have one, login with your credentials.
- Then follow the setup wizard (add your wi-fi networks, add services that you want your photos and videos shared to, setup notifications, and setup sharing privileges).
Once your all done, just place the SD card in your camera and start taking photos! Your camera will automagically transfer your photos to the services that you requested including your computer.
Tips on gaining the most from your Eye-Fi Pro X2
- Set the destination folder on your computer to your Dropbox photos folder. Don’t have Dropbox. Get it here–its FREE and AWESOME! This will keep your photos on the Dropbox cloud which means you’ll be able to access your photos from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection from anywhere in the world! It also has the added benefit of keeping your files in sync–your work computer, your laptop, your iPad or even your iPhone.
- Get the Eye-Fi iPhone app. Its free and allows you to send photos from your iPhone directly to the services that you enabled on your Eye-Fi account.
- Enable the “Hotspot” feature for uploading on the go!
- You can also transfer photos to your iPad with the ShutterSnitch app.
- Enable “Selective Transfer” so that you can select which photos you want to upload. Once enabled, simply “protect” or “lock” a picture to do so.
- Use your Eye-Fi Pro X2 on a daily basis to share your life with the world!
If you found this post informational, I encourage you to share it and even consider linking to it from your website. What are some creative ways that you’ll use the Eye-Fi Pro X2? Let us know in the comments!