Recently, I found myself having somewhat of an obsession with bookmarking websites that I find useful. A relatively new service called Pinboard.in gives me the tools that I need to organize my bookmarks so they are meaningful for everyday use. The service can be thought of as an improvement over Yahoo’s Delicious which is reported to be facing an uncertain future. While, there are other services available, I really appreciate Pinboard.in for its simplicity and its low cost.
There are currently seven types of bookmarklets available for users and descriptions have been taken from Pinboard.in how-to section:
- Popup: opens a little form window when you want to bookmark a page.
- Popup with tags: opens a slightly larger bookmarklet that shows a clickable tag cloud.
- Same page: loads the save bookmark form in the same window as the page, with no popup. It redirects back to the page afterwards.
- My pinboard: takes you to your bookmarks.
- Read later: adds a URL to your list of “to read” items without badgering you for tags or descriptions.
- Oldest: takes you to your oldest unread item.
- Random: takes you to a random unread item. [Read more…] about Pinboard.in for the iPhone and iPad